Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:08:22 -0500
Hi Don,

Yes,Dr Watson can be a major disturbance on a computer.
If set to be invoked,it will consume large amounts of resources -CPU and Memory.
It will be started because of a failure of a program or application that causes a
crash of the program or the system.
It will then gather information to write to a (debug) log.
Settings that affect it are in: System Properties > Advanced tab > Startup and
Recovery > System failure . If "Write an event to the system log" is ticked,
Dr Watson will start it's debugging mode.
In addition, there is also a Registry entry that will determine the action of Dr
Watson, see  How to disable Dr. Watson for Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188296

BTW,Dr Watson "lives";) in ..:\WINDOWS\system32\  and ..:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache,
the log is in the WINDOWS folder as well.
It's interesting that you would find it under Documents and Settings.

A lot of people "use" it without even knowing it,because of their settings and wonder
about severe slowdowns.
A check of Task Manager should reveal the running of Dr Watson.

However,it does indicate that some programs or applications do not perform as
required and those issues should be resolved as well.Check for this in Event Viewer.

Hope this helps.

Peter E.