From:
Dan Dias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 06:45:49 -0700
Is this really that critical an issue?

A decent computer (and operating system) nowadays will typically
automatically turn off the flat panel screen after so many minutes (half an
hour or less) of inactivity. It doesn't get much better than that.

Don't expect any monitor to last forever. Buy for "quality viewing" and buy
from a reputable (i.e. well established) manufacturer.

The bottom line is that you need a CRT/LCD that is easy on the eyes...your
eyes to be specific...so purchase with that goal in mind.

I have a great Dell 17" LCD in front of me...and the most important thing
is that it's easy on the eyes and as sharp and bright as I could desire in
a viewing monitor.

Daniel A. Dias
Tech, Computer & Network Support
Innovative Business and Information Services (IBIS)
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL)
P.O. Box 808 L-664
Livermore, CA 94551
( 925-423-5638