From:
Amy Ledford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 12:18:37 -0700
Bruce,

A few questions first....
is your cable modem connected to the hub, and then
from the hub, both PCs are connected? Is the printer
also connected to the hub? Is the hub ethernet or USB?
Are both computers able to surf the web? at the same
time or separately? What operating systems are on the
2 computers?

If the hub is in between the PCs and the cable modem,
it is probably just a configuration error. If the
modem is dual-compatible with either USB or ethernet,
are you using the same connection type all around?
Ethernet is recommended, as there are no drivers to
install. Be sure there are no firewalls running, and
both PCs can surf the Internet. Then enable Sharing on
the folders you need, whole drives if needed. Though,
in my experience, sharing an entire drive does not
work well.

Hope this helps! :)
Amy Ledford