From:
Amy Ledford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 05:41:40 -0700
Hi guys and gals!

I am having a similar problem to Kathleen's. My
question was not answered in the posts, but mine may
be "lots" different from Kathleen's.... I formatted my
daughter's PC, which is a Dell Dimension 2350, WinXP
Pro. I usually place a desktop icon for both the
defragmenter and disk cleanup, for ease of use and so
that she doesn't forget them. I do this by going to
(as someone else mentioned, I forget who....sorry
about that....) Start, All Programs, Accessories,
System Tools...then dragging and dropping the disk
defragmenter to the desktop. however, when I do this,
the defragmenter, nor any of the other System Tools
that I have dragged and dropped, are there anymore.

She is the only (virtually) user of the PC, so I
wanted to have her name rather than "Administrator" on
the Start menu, etc. I had to create another User
Profile, with her name, because the Admin account, for
whatever reason, did not have the option "Change my
Name" although it had all the others...create a
Password, Change my Picture, etc. I then deleted the
other profile. (This was probably my first mistake.)
Most of the icons from the other User Profile were
shown on the new Profile. However, now, as in first
paragraph, the Defragmenter and Disk Cleanup Tools are
not available. I have only been able to open the
defragmenter from Help & Support. Search does not find
any results. I have not tried this with the Disk
Cleanup, but expect same results. How can I add these
Tools as icons? Can I at least add them back to the
System Tools menu?