Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 19:24:42 -0700
Maybe this "CD Tray Pal" will do you:
http://www.dirfile.com/freeware/drive-icon.htm

QUOTE ON
----------
CD Tray Pal   License: Freeware

Emsa CD Tray Pal is a handy utility that acts as a
CD-ROM Drive control menu. It runs in the system tray
and makes opening/closing CD door easier than ever,
even on multiple CD-ROM drives! Features: - Autorun at
system startup - Runs as system tray icon - Capable of
handling multipe CD-ROM Drives - OpenCD, CloseCD,
GetCD, OpenAll, CloseAll functions - Handy systray
right-click menu - Provides CD media informaion: Volume
name, Size, Serial Number - Configurable GetCD time
interval - Capable of showing either a single systray
icon, or one icon per drive - Action on system
shutdown: Close All / Open All CD doors - Assignable,
system wide Hotkeys per each drive and function - very
handy! - Tray icon(s) changing color based on whether
valid media is inside the drive etc. - Freeware!
-------------
QUOTE OFF

Tomas Santos
---------
On Tue, 17 May 2005 00:03:26 -0500, in Automatic digest
processor  Robert Citkowitz <rcitkowitz@xxxxx> wrote:

 Having trouble with D drive!! Disk is stuck! /
>          Indicator
>
> My case is tucked away, and I would love to have an
> indicator light icon on
> the screen - as I used to have in the good old days,
> thanks to some
> forgotten applet.
>
> Does anyone know of any (I've asked in the past, but
> got no responses.)
>
> Rob

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com