From:
Orf Bartrop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:09:12 +1100
Thanks for the info, Ron, Peter and Rick.

Originally the UPS drove the computer and monitor, which I consider is
the ultimate configuration. Originally, in the event of a power failure
(alarm buzzed) I had 3 mins to cease what I was doing and manually close
down the computer (I never connected the cable to do this
automatically). As the years went by and computer power consumption went
up I connected the monitor to a power outlet and the UPS only drove the
computer. Not the ideal but it worked. Now not even this works.

I can get my hands on a 700VA/420W unit (Powerware 3110) at a reasonable
price. The unit has software support. I will run some tests to see what
equipment it will support during a power failure and then determine my
final configuration.

Orf