From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:05:43 -0000
Hi,
If it were me and I was starting from 'scratch', then I would use the win98
boot floppy.
Firstly, check in the bios to see that the  drives will be recognised.
Usually, they can be set to autodetect.
Start the pc up with the boot floppy and run fdisk to repartition the drive.
I'm assuming that you will just want one partition? if so, then you want to
make sure you are using 100% of the drive. I think the option is 4 to check
this.
To fdisk the drive, just start with the floppy in the drive and type: fdisk
(enter)
Follow the instructions, and the pc will have to be restarted to complete
the process.
Once that is done, I would format the drive by restarting with the boot
floppy.
Type: format C:  (if you are going to load win98, type format C: /s to copy
thesystem files over)
Again, follow the instructions.
You might want to reset the mbr also by typing :
fdisk /mbr at the prompt.

Once that is done, hopefully, you will be able to restart the pc and begin
the win98 set up?
Quite often it's as straightforward as that.
HTH
Michele Sayer

---