From:
"Villano, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:43:27 -0400
Thanks, Kyle.  I believe QuickCams come with USB options and so does Dazzle,
so I'm sure that video CAN and DOES work through USB, though as you say it's
probably not the best option.

My original question was what software can I use to recognize my digital
video camcorder (Sony TRV103) through the USB/fire wire without the Dazzle
unit and software.  Maybe I didn't make that clear originally.  Since the
QuickCams function in this way I'm sure there's a way for the much more
sophisticated Sony to do that, but it didn't come with software so I'm
trying to find a software that will "see" the camera attached over
USB/firewire and capture the video from it.  (My video card does NOT have a
Video In option so I'm doing everything through the USB hub).

"Today is the fuel that powers your tomorrows!"
- Paul Villano, US Army Chaplain Center and School ."For God and Country!"