From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 02:21:54 -0500
I tried this solution in my previous residence and it made no difference. I
also experimented with modem strings, replaced wiring, tried diferent ISPs
and prayed. Nada. My connection improved dramatically when I moved and got
better phone lines. Inow get a reguklar 50K+ connection with a Win odem.

Any opinions as to whether a 56K hardware modem would be able to deliver
significantly faster connection speeds than the same brand 56K modem in a
Win version? I am using a US Robotics 56K Win modem running Win98SE on a 100
MHz mother board with an Intel Pentium 450 MHZ CPU and 384 MB RAM. I
typically connect at 40K. Wondering if a new US Robotics hardware modem
would increase my connection speed to the 48 - 50K range? Any thoughts would
be appreciated.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com