Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 20:59:08 +1100
Almost all internal (PCI) modems and USB modems are software modems, good
hardware modems are harder and harder to find. I strongly recommend to stay
away from all winModem/softmodem, show industry what we (customers) want,
those cheapo so called "modems" don't worth the money you spend on them (too
much hassle).

If you play games, no matter how faster your CPU is, winModem/softModem
should be always out of your option, every bit of CPU power count. todays
games ask more and more processor power, I can notice the speed difference
between a soft/win Modem and a hardware modem on 1G+ machine.

Jun Qian