From:
Gary Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:13:09 -0500
Hello All,

Recently, I've upgraded my system which now includes an Asus A7n266-vm, AMD Athlon 1800+ XP cpu, (2) Western Digital hard drives with Windows XP Pro installed on the C drive. I'm now experiencing screen freezes which requires a reboot. During reboots, the system will freeze at various points after windows starts and sometimes during POST operations. At times, I won't get a POST and a few seconds after turning it on I'll get a high-low alarm which sounds like a European emergency vehicle. This is very frusrating as the system will do this intermittantly. I've had it running for a couple of months after previous problems like this with no problems but now the screen freezes have started again. I've had replies suggesting things from an overheated cpu to bad memory. I'll get the alarm sound first thing in the morning after i
t has been shut down overnight which I would think would answer the overheating idea. Bad memory? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
Gary Johnson

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml