From:
Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 07:53:05 -0500
Paul,

I came across a motherboard that played an alarm if the cpu fan rpm was too
slow. The "alarm" was a song that played through the speaker. The fan was
failing and it was slowing down and speeding up and the song would slow down
and speed up with the fan so it sounded like someone spinning an old lp
record with their finger - speeding up and slowing down. Very strange.
Anyway, check to see if your cpu fan is ok. Just unplug the fan for a minute
or so and see if the beeping stops.

Hope this helps.

Dennis Thiel