From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 12:37:37 -0500
> OK, thanks so much. Now I've got my home stereo hooked to the PC. Just
> another question, if I change the connection to digital (I mean
> changing the
> SB Live card to one with digital output) would the sound quality
> get better
> than what it is now?

     Very likely. The DAC in sound cards tend to be inferior to the DACs in
home theatres, mostly because of the much larger amount of electrical noise
present in a typical PC.

> Another short question is "how do i get tunes from my tapes or radio onto
> the hard disk"?

     You will have to connect the monitor out from your tape player or radio
to the line in on your sound card.

> One final question - my HDD is almost full (and I don't want to upgrade to
> bigger HDD). I have converted a great number of my CDs into MP3. Is it
> possible for me to add more than 4 IDE accessories to the PC - my
> configuration is like this:-

     Yes. However, most motherboards only have a maximum of four onboard IDE
channels. To get more you will have to buy an EIDE card. Most PCI ones are
turly plug and play. TTYL

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html