Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:40:21 -0500
7BIT
From:
"Richard F. Bolha" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Bob

The Creative Sound Blaster was a recent purchase over 30 days
ago. It is their top of line internal PCI Audigy line. I would certainly
hope they can make it work. It came with Win 2k drivers and can
only update drivers when install correctly per their website.

The modem is a Zoom external model 3049L V92. The modem
problem is a pain, but work most of the time. I tried both the
CDROM install and the most current Website installs.

The printer is also 3 months old a Lexmark X83. I tried both the
CDROM and website installs.

It is a custom built AMD 1 GHZ with a FC AZ11E motherboard with
256 MB of PC100 RAM ECC. WIn2k is patch to SP2. I have the VIA
4 in 1 update at version 4.35 reinstalled after adding devices. It has
a Western Digital 40 GB hard drive with a Award bios from year
2000 something. I am currently checking with Award for a upgrade.
It was a clean install of Win 2k.

Anybody out there with a FC Az11e motherboard running Win 2K
???

Richard F. Bolha

On 16 Jan 2002 at 12:19, Bob Stout wrote:

 > Richard
 > There has always been a bit of a problem with Creative Sound
blasters there
 > are new drivers for win 2k available from creative. Unless you
really need
 > the Creative for a special purpose another sound card may be
needed
 > With the modem have you tried another one to see if it is a fault
with your
 > original one. Or try generic drivers from win 2k to see if it will
run on
 > them
 > As for the usb printer more info on your system may help ie what
 > motherboard, how much ram, HDD etc. I have found usb support
in win
2k to be
 > excellent
 > Also was the OS a full install or an upgrade as a fresh install
seems to be
 > always more stable

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml