From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 09:30:00 -0500
HI,

Sounds like you have a setting in the BIOS incorrect or if you have 2
drives in the system,
the 2nd drive is failing on you.

Usually the BIOS will call the first drive, Drive 0, and the second
Drive, drive 1.  Why?
Because it is using the binary counting system of 0's and 1's, is what I
was once told.

GO into the BIOS and see if a drive is listed under the Primary slave
position and if it is then change it to NONE.  That should make the
message go away.  Now if you actually have a slave drive then you may
want to check it's condition.  It may be ready to fail and should be
replaced.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

Subject: [PCBUILD] Primary disk boot problem
Whenever I start my computer I get a message that the primary disk 1 is
not found then I need to hit F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup. What
could be causing this problem? Thank you

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml