Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 23:51:58 +1000
Edna Sloan wrote:

> Thanks all for your input.  I should have given more info, but didn't think
> to at the time.  anyway, the computer stops when it reboots after loading
> W98 drivers and gives two options, one to enable CDROM support and the other
> to enable DVDROM support.  Then after I choose the CDROM option, the screen
> shows the Oakcdrom information and then a message under this that it cannot
> find "OEM CDROM" and "cannot continue with the install."

Where did you get a boot disk like that? During win98 installation, windows use
same driver for CD-ROM and DVD, there is no difference at all since all DVD
driver support normal CDs. The boot disk come with MS has three options: start
win98 setup, start with CD-ROM support, start without CD-ROM support. The disk
which you created in controll panel has two options: start with CD-ROM support
and without support. In boot cases, you should have no problem to load CD/DVD
driver for setup, after reboot, windows will remember and load the correct
driver itself.
I have feeling that, the disk you were using was not correctly configed and that
was all the problem you have had. If you can, ask your friend to make a boot
disk for you. or if you like, you can edit the batch file on that boot disk.

Jun Qian

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html