Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 09:19:35 -0500
Hi Amanda,

My first thought is that the drive has died. Taken literally, "it just isnt
responding at all now" means no indication it's getting power and doesn't
respond in any way. Does the indicator light come on or flash for a few
seconds when you start the computer? If not, remove the cover and insure the
power cable is properly connected and making good contact by unplugging it
and reseating it firmly in place. Ground yourself by touching the case prior
to and while handling anything inside. While there, it's a good idea to
check all other cables also.

While not likely, with no information on your system such as age, general
condition, other problems, etc., the problem could be that it's clogged up
with dust and in need of a good cleaning. But since it wouldn't read the
disk with the photos (reads other disks?) and now doesn't respond at all, I
think it died a natural death and a replacement is in order. If that's not
feasible because of time, etc., perhaps you have a friend with a computer
you could use to complete your project.

Sven Swanson, Sr.