From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 08:40:13 -0400
It could also be that most people do not keep up with replacing the
MotherBoard drivers with the newest ones when they are released.
(See FAQ answer below.)

There are 12 listed on the VIA page, including the one I am
running right now  under "older versions", v4.38

(Their) Disclaimer: Users with hybrid chipsets (with a VIA southbridge and
AMD northbridge for example) should obtain drivers from their
motherboard manufacturer.

I'll admit VIA did not make this easy "in the old days", but has cleaned
up their act - plenty...

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2#4in1  OR (the same),
TinyURL which has a length of 23 characters:
http://tinyurl.com/1lwb

**Note: Win95/98/98SE are now relatively old operating systems, and
drivers are no longer optimized for those operating systems.
Many users of VIA chipsets who run Win95/98/98SE report that
using an older version, such as VIA 4in1 version 4.35, they experience
a more responsive system.
http://downloads.viaarena.com/drivers/4in1/4in1435v.zip

Newest:
VIA Hyperion 4in1 v4.46, released 10 March 2003
http://downloads.viaarena.com/drivers/4in1/VIAHyperion4in1446vp6.exe
ftp://downloads.viaarena.com/drivers/4in1/VIAHyperion4in1446vp6.exe

Driver installation guide
http://downloads.viaarena.com/installguides/HyperionDriverInstallationGuide.htm
ftp://downloads.viaarena.com/installguides/HyperionDriverInstallationGuide.htm

Selected FAQ questions:

Question:How can I tell what VIA drivers I have installed?
Answer: Open Start - Run and type in "regedit" (without the apostrophe marks).
Double clikc HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE
and check the listing under VIA and/or VIA4in1Driver.

Question:My system is running fine but there is a newer version of
the 4in1drivers released - should I install them?
Answer: No. If your system is running trouble - free there is no need to update the drivers.

As always,  YMMV                                     Rick Glazier