Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 22:29:45 -0400
I have a few questions about hardware.

My computer is a HP Pavilion 6350, with a 333MHz K-6, 64
Mb Ram, 6Gb HD, SiS 5513 Dual PCI IDE controller, 56k LT Win
modem, 24x CD drive Crystal PnP audio system. I got some of
this hardware list when I looked at Microsoft System
Information.  It wanted to print out `20 pages of nearly
identical type.  I have no idea of what kind of motherboard,
chip set, etc.,
it has, nor would it mean much to me, as I am a neophyte in
these matters.

What I want to know is how to soup this thing up.  When I
first started SETI, it did a WU in about 20 hours in
screen-saver mode, blank set to 1 minute.  Now, with V 2.04,
it takes between 25-27 hours.  Would adding another 64Mb Ram
help?  How about a bigger hard drive? What if I took my
master's thesis, several hundred  Word files, Flight
Simulator, etc., off and put them say, on Zip drive
cartridges?  Or maybe a second hard drive? How do I find out
what kind of chip set it has, how fast it is running, and
what else is compatible with my system?

Also, every now and then, the keyboard will lock up.  The
mouse works, but none of the keys, nor the caps lock and num
lock lights.  The only way I can type is to shut it down and
re-boot. The keyboard has 3 buttons, labeled "Internet,
Suspend and Information."  I thought the suspend feature was
the cause, but I don't think the buttons are connected.
They've never seemed to do anything when pushed.

Ideas?

Well, I guess that's enough questions for now.  I'll shut
up and wait for some suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any answers you may provide.

Steven Gaber
Oldsmar, FL

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html