From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 12:31:18 -0800
Hi list,
I have just installed a new Plextor 40X CD-ROM and a Plextor 121032CD-RW all
SCSI on a new added AVA2906 Adaptec. Since I had everything apart, I wanted
to rearrange the drives in the case. I set about to reassign ID's for the
HDDs so I could place them where it would be more convenient and logical in
the case with the addition of the new CD drives. However in doing so I could
not get things to boot. My question is, in order to do this, do I have to
reformat and start over to change my boot drive IDs? At present things are,
ID-0 4.5GB boot drive, Seagate Cheetah is drive C:
ID-1 4.5GB pretty much empty, Seagate Cheetah D:
ID-3 4.5GB back up. IBM. The terminated drive, end of chain. E:
These are on an Adaptec 2940UW.
I tried to basically reverse the order of install on the chain, due to
better fit in the case. I set the IBM to 0, empty drive to ID-1, and boot
drive to ID-3, with termination. I got nothing to show up on the bus scan at
boot up in this configuration. Is this not possible with out reformatting
all?

Thanks,
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA