From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 04:15:44 -0700
If your scanner is being recognized and communicated with in one program,
but not another, it is unlikely that it is a hardware problem.  Did you
replace Win 9x with Win Me or something else?  Go to www.hp.com and navigate
to "drivers/downloads". Enter your device in the dropdown box as scanjet
6100C to find the latest driver for it for whatever OS you are using.  It
would be a good idea to go to the SCSI card manufacturer's site for an
updated driver check as well. If none of the above works check HP's
knowledge base.  HP also has user forums for many of their printers, and may
have them for its scanners.  Look for community forums and navigate to the
one for your scanner model, if there is one.  I used the printer forum for
my inkjet to solve some problems.  You can also call HP tech support, but if
not under warranty it will cost you (it costs you long distance even if
under warranty).

Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] HP ScanJet 6100C scanner trouble.

Hi,  have you checked HP's knowledge base yet?  We have a Scanjet 5C (older
HP model) with a SCSI card and we had trouble scanning within Omnipro (OCR).
The fix turned out to be a patch for the program that we downloaded from
Caere.

 (orig. ?)

> Until recently my scanner has worked perfectly.  I went to the device
> manager, and the SCSI card is recognized.  Then when it said it could not
> communicate with the scanner, I re-installed the scanner software.  It
still
> will not recognize it.  I do the scanner test from the preferences and it
> communicates with the scanner, when I do the test from the scanner tools
in
> the Program/HP scanjet tool, it says It cannot find the scanner and do I
> want to run it without the scanner.  I am not sure if this is a PCBuild
> question, or a PCSoft, but I thought it might be the SCSI card.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com