From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 22:35:35 -0400
I am confused. You ran a test page from the printer's toolbox after doing a head/nozzle cleaning, and it printed perfectly?  So what program(s) do you print from that you get the funky printing?  Is it every program except the printer's toolbox?  For starters, go to www.hp.com and navigate to the user's forum on this printer.  You will undoubtedly find your question already posted with at least one answer.  What OS are you running?  If it is Win 2k or Win Me, do you have the updated driver for those OS's?  Another issue might have been the refilled cartridges, but if it prints perfectly from the test page app, clearly that isn't it.  You need to provide some more info in answer to my questions above.

>Hi everyone,
>since a few weeks my printer, a HP DeskJet 930C, is causing some trouble.
>First few months I did not notice this problem so I suppose it was not
>existing but am not sure. It does not print clearly now when it comes to
>printing black text only (did actually not notice it when printing text with
>pictures in-between and text printed in blue for example is all okay as
>well). I am refilling the cartridges and thought it might be that the ink
>was wrong or too old maybe. First I only noticed it with printing small font
>sizes of fonts that did not come with any of the Windows programs but now it
>goes up to Arial or Times New Roman size 13 even. The writing comes out
>blurred with the one or other line within each letter missing and also some
>entire text lines are worse than others while some are completely clear. I
>did run the clean function from HP's toolbox and the result looks just
>perfect. There are really tiny letters printed out and they look 100% clear
>as well as the bigger ones, so I think it can neither be the ink nor the
>cartridge that are causing the problem. I uninstalled/re-installed the
>printer using HP's CD - no change, I.e. the test page (text) that is printed
>looks blurred in some lines, while the photo-test page looks just great. was
>looking for a new driver on the HP site but the version number of the driver
>is given as 3.1 while mine is said to be 4 (maybe it is a different version
>number specially for ME which I found online while mine from the CD is just
>something "good for all Windows versions" or such) and well, trying to
>download the driver anyway did not work so far... any ideas how to solve the
>problem would be appreciated a lot.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com