From:
Alan Priol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:41:09 +1000
That looks like a bad video card to me as from previous experience of my
own.

Alan Priol.

I volunteered to try to resuscitate the computer of an impecunious
acquaintance.

The computer is a Packard Bell (ugh) V134, with not bad specs--166 Intel
chip, win 95, etc.

I hooked it up to good CRT, KB, and mouse.

Upon power-on, I got three beeps, illumination of the power indicator,
and the fan working.

However, the monitor stayed absolutely blank, and the numlock and
capslock keys on the KB did not, when pressed produce any change in
their
respective indicators.

The unit came without a manual (but with a startup CD). I was unable to
find any useful info on the web about this model.

Do we have a bad video card here?  Does the video card control the KB
indicators and other KB functions?  Or does this sound like a bad
motherboard?

Any ideas (other than boat anchor)?

Ed Cohen

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,