From:
Trevor Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:18:37 +1100
Hi all,

Have an unusual oprblem with a new scanner I bought...

686 with 32Mb RAM and Mustek 600 scanner. Coupled up the scanner and went
to start the machine after installation with the power switch and computer
would not even go through the POST.

Uncoupling the cable ( I disconnected the power cable tonight for the same
effect) would enable the computer to start and a quick plug in and all runs
normally. It also reboots OK when reset or restarted in WIN 95. The
computer sometimes (but not often) refused to start the booting process
after the Power switch went on, and had to be pressed a couple of times
before the scanner. Printer is a HP 4L... Any suggestions?

TIA

Trevor

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html