From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 09:46:59 -0700
Jose Dominguez wrote:

Have you checked in the BIOS for something like "wake up on LAN" ? Is
there a setting to set the system state if the power were to go off?

There is no "Wake on LAN" which I thought was a little strange. As for
the System state, Restore on AC/Power Loss is set for Stay off.

I have been in the BIOS and disabled everything possible or what I
thought was remotely related to the problem.

I have disabled the following in the BIOS:

Floppy Drive
CD ROM
Plug & Play
ISA Graphics
There are no PCI/PNP ISA UMB Region Exclusions nor are there any IRQ
Exclusions.
All Ports have been disabled.
Everything in the Power Management Section has been disabled.

I have installed Windows 95, 98 98SE  OEM and Upgrade. I have installed
all of the patches and security updates for the OS. I have formatted the
drive and installed OS running without the "Anypoint" software. I went
into Device Manager and disabled ever thing I could think of including
the PCI Bus in System Devices. <smile> sigh

I guess that covers what I've done and where I've been to date. The
Intel Rep made a few suggestions which we tried and nothing happened. At
this point, the problem is in escalation at Intel.

I appreciate your help and if anyone has anything they think would work,
I'd like to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions