From:
Joseph Marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:27:07 -0500
All Dells have a "service tag" number on which you can get all the info Carroll mentions at www.dell.com/support.  Unfortunately, all their stuff is proprietary, and will not match anything on the manufacturer's web site.

Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Roberto Safora Romay wrote:
>> I am trying to guess what motherboard is being used in a pc dell dimensionn 2400, but no information is placed on the PCB.
>> The BIOS string doesnt show on the monitor.
>> F2 option didnt yield results.
>> Any advice to get what I want?
>> TIA
>> Roberto
>

>Roberto:
>Dell computers have a label somewhere on the case that has a number that
>identifies that particular computer (Sorry, but it's been several years
>since I dealt with this, so I can't remember what it's called). If you
>then go to the support section at Dell's web site, you can find a lot of
>useful documentation about that computer, including exactly how it was
>equipped when Dell built it, downloadable manuals and other useful
>information.
>
>Another useful technique to use if you're just trying to learn who made
>the component (good for motherboards, video cards, sound cards, modems,
>etc) is to get the FCC ID number which is printed on a plain white paper
>label on the component. Using that number, you can identify the
>manufacturer of the component at this site:
>
>http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,