From:
Qian Jun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 1998 15:27:05 -0700
Hello All:

1) i want to add another 32mb RAM to improve my PC performance.  So that
i want to know How many types of SDRAM are availiable at the monment?  i
saw a good price on Computer Fair and the RAM looks same as i'm using.
What is the worest situation if i installed two different types of RAM
(i use win95 B if you still remenber)?

2) In my CMOS setting, there is a "SDRAM (CAS Lat/BAS-to-CAS):  3/3".
What does it mean?  I know i can adjust it to speed up my PC, but how
can i know what is the right number?

3) What does "SDRAM Speculative read" mean?  The default is "disable",
can i enable it?

4) To save every piece of memory as i can, i don't load ANY program
running in background (such as anti-virou, screen saver ..., and i don't
use background image on desktop, i feel 32 mb RAM is really lack) until
i need it, so that sometimes i can ensure my PC is doing nothing.  But
sometimes i can see my HDD light and hear the HDD are running even no
programs were runing for a while at that time and no reason to have temp
file to delete or swap file to operate.  Does that mean my HDD is fault
or it's just normal?

Thanks in advance!!!