From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 06:12:26 -0500
Tannis,
I've been testing W7U now for just over a week and am finding issues, like
all other versions M$ probably should have addresses prior to releasing the
Beta versions. Anyway, on to your solution:
Go to control panel and select "Power Options" (I've set mine up so that it
doesn't show category view, but shows "Small Icons") and then go to "change
password. Type in your password in the first line, and then nothing in the
next two, click on "save changes" and you should be good to go. Make sure
that your account is the Administrator. (CHECK THIS FIRST)

May I ask you, on your Dell Dimension 2400, did you add a video card? On
board video on my machine (home built) didn't have enough video onboard to
run Aero or even the screen savers. I added a GeForce 8400 GS PCI card, and
had some difficulties installing the drivers, but eventually got them
working and that made a world of difference. Just my humble opinion.

Regards,
Dean Kiley