From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:46:56 -0300
Can you say what brand hard drive do you have (or did  I miss this?)?  If
you have a modern computer, it should work  without any "drive overlay"
(unless you are working with a 80 or 120 gig drive, etc. with one partition)
and your performance would also get a boost if you remove it.  It also could
be corrupted!  There should be software that came with the drive or is
downloadable to detect, repair or remove the overlay.
Howard Rubin
The Computer Doctor
Fortaleza Brazil

RE:  Date:    Sun, 6 Jul 2003 23:50:44 +0100
From:    Michele <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Problems saving changes to C:\

Yes, that was one of the first things I thought of, and came up with nothing
at all.
This is when I went on to format and reload windows (more than once), which
then led me to delete the partition and repartition it and then reformat it
once more.
I don't want to condemn the hard drive if I don't have to.
I may have got this wrong, but windows did mention once before that there
was a 'drive overlay?' or something like that, but it was a one off message,
and I didn't have time to make a note of the full error message.
It continuously mentions that it cannot determine the free space, so I fix
it with the boot disk, and then, as soon as I try toinstall anything such as
an antivirus, the free space is wrong again, and so I'm back to square one.
I'm getting nowhere fast with it.
Anymore suggestions anyone?
Michele Sayer

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: