From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:16:00 -0500
You can share the HP that you already have.  It may not have all features
available through the network, but it WILL WORK.

First of all, is the PC (which has the HP) set up for sharing printers?
Click START -- SETTINGS -- CONTROL PANEL -- NETWORK and then click the
big button for FILE AND PRINTER SHARING.

After you take care of the above.....
You will probably have to install the HP driver software on each
individual PC that will need access to the shared printer.  The software
will probably fuss at you since the printer is not actually attached to
the PC.  Just ignore those types of error messages and plow on through it.

Now that you have the drivers installed on the PC, click START- SETTINGS -
PRINTERS
and right click on the HP's icon.  Now select PROPERTIES and click the
GENERAL tab.
Finally click the ADD PORT button and BROWSE to find the networked
printer.

phew!  A lot to do, but not impossible. <grin>

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====