From:
Edward Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 21:06:57 -0800
I will try to answer your questions but keep in mind that I am a novice,
and may not know what I am talking about.

As I said we are running Win95&98 on the network using Network
Neighborhood. The protocols shown are IPX/SPS, NetBEUI and TCP/IP. The
computers are tied together using 3Com Etherlink XL PCI cards with a 3Com
hub. At present we have a Epson LQ870 on the network that we share. When
we tried to get a HP Deskjet to work, we found that it wouldn't work on
the network, (wouldn't share), that led to the question I posted. We don't
mind buying a new color printer as we need one anyway, but we want to make
sure that we don't waste our money by buying one that wont work. At this
time we are open to suggestions on both Laser, and inkjet printers, as
long as they can be shared on a network.

Ed Tucker

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html