From:
Drew Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 16:33:19 -0600
I'll add my 2 cents' worth here.  Try using a different length of phone
cord.  Also, you may want to experiment a little bit with the speaker cord,
if you can't use a different length.  Find a small dowl and wrap the cord
around it to form a coil.  That *may* work.

I had this problem with the local police department.  It turned out that the
wire running from my computer to the input of the speakers was a multiple of
one wavelength of the frequency that they were broadcasting on.  As the
police car drove by, if they were talking on the radio, I could pick up the
signal quite clearly on my speakers.  Making a coil fixed that.

I had a friend who picked up a local news radio station in San Diego with
his modem.  Same problem there, the phone cord from the wall to the computer
was a multiple of one wavelength of the frequency that they broadcasted on.
A shorter cable fixed the problem.

Antennas are funny things!

=d=

Drew Dunn
http://adsl24.bois.uswest.net/drew/index.htm

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**