From:
Mike Bridges <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:23:52 -0600
A friend has brought his PC to me so I can format the hard drive .
I made this post 6 months ago but his wife got impatient and wanted
the PC back after a couple days so some might recognise this post from
before.
 It is a Pentium Pro 150 on a Intel board with 48 megs of SIMMS.A 1.6
gig WD HDD,2 6x cdr's on IDE2,a generic sound blaster and a Paradise
Pipeline video card which I have changed.I suspect it as part of the
problem.The machine has been loaded up with all sorts of games and
junk by a couple kids and the parents.The owner wants the hard drive
formatted and I agree.The OS is Window95 version a.
 The problem is when I try to format the drive with the format c:/s
command I get a message saying "Insufficient memory to load system
files.Format terminated." Some members of the list seemed to think
this was a virus.I have run updated McAfee and Norton ant virus
programs on this machine and found nothing.I have manually uninstalled
what I could
to free up as many resources as possible.
 I'm out of ideas and really need some help.
Thank you,
Mike Bridges

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html