From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 20:37:49 -0400
> I have a 14" monitor that needs degaussing and it is beyond the
> warranty.  It does not have a degaussing coil inside it or else it would
> have some sort of a Degauss button on the front like the new 17"
> monitors...
>
> So how do I degauss this picture tube. Is there resources available on
> the Net that will help me build a low cost DIY Degaussing Kit ?

        Almost all monitors degauss the screen every time you power it up, provided
there was a delay since the last power up. It is a short degauss so it might
take quite a few degauss' to complete the job.
        If this doesn't seem to work you can use any device with a coil connected
directly to the AC line as a crude degaussing tool. My pencil soldering iron
works pretty well at this but anything with an AC powered coil should work.
Hope this helped, TTYL