From:
Glenn Josephson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:37:14 -0400
Kristen,
More than likely, the CPU speed selection on that motherboard is done via
jumpers. Somewhere you will have to find the jumper diagrams, which are
usually included in the owner's manual. If the jumpers (speed and
multiplier) are not set properly, the system will try to use whatever the
jumpers are set for.

Glenn

> I need some advice upgrading my Acer Aspire with an Intel Pentium 133Mhz
> processor.  This is an old machine, which was originally running with a
> Pentium 100, and what little support that is left on their website
> indicates that the highest speed it can handle is the 133.  I swapped the
> CPU's, rebooted, and hoped that the machine would detect the new speed of
> the processor.  When it didn't, I tried checking the options in the CMOS
> setup, but didn't find anything to change there.  Right now, while booting
> up it still indicates that it is running a Pentium 100.  Does anyone have
> any ideas how can I make sure it correctly identifies the chip as a 133?
> Thanks!
>
> Kristen Smith

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml