Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:43:14 -0600
Tom,

I did install the sound driver on the new HD.  I keep switching because I'm
able to take my time installing programs on the new HD.  And the current HD
is working good enough.  Not freezing anymore.  I've got a data backup on
another drive anyway, from the current drive.

Diane
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Diane
>
> If I remember correctly, you last posted that you had reinstalled an
> updated sound program and the sound was working (I did not keep a copy of
> your post). If the sound is now working when you boot from your existing HD,
> but does not work when you boot from the new HD (I think that is what you
> are describing), I would copy the sound program installation file from the
> existing HD to the new HD and than install it on the new HD. That may work.
>
> Since your existing HD is "clean", I really do not know why you keep
> switching between both HD's. I would just set up the new HD as the boot HD
> (C drive) and leave it that way (if that is the HD that you want as your C
> drive). Just follow the instructions you have from the hard drive
> manufacturer. Then go from there as to uninstalling and reinstalling
> programs and moving data files.
>
> The video driver has to do with "video" and not "audio".
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Tom
>
> Diane wrote:
>
>> Tom,
>>
>> I ran AVG and Spybot on my existing drive, which seemed to fix the
>> problem.
>> But I seem to have another problem that doesn't exist on the new drive.
>>
>> The first things I load on a new drive are my antivirus programs and then
>> update them.  Then run them. So things should be ok.
>>
>> I found a driver for my video card and installed it.  But still no sound.
>>
>> My error in Device Manager is: Other Devices, Multimedia Audio Controller;
>> and SPC 200NC. Both of those have the yellow question mark.
>>
>> Any idea how I can get sound to this drive?
>>
>> Diane Kroeckel
>>

>                 Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
>              articles, how-to's, tech tips and much more
>                         http://freepctech.com

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml