From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 08:54:02 -0600
At 08:32 AM 05/25/2000 , you wrote:
>The motherboard was pre-installed by Tiger as they sold it as a part
>assembled kit.
>
>Power Supply works fine in another PC.
>
>Also, tested the RAM, & processor.

I have read back through this entire thread and I believe if you have tried
all that has been advised, as you have stated, then it is time to return the
kit for replacement under warranty.

I have built a large number of PCs and I can tell you from first hand experience
that stuff arrives right from the manufacturer DOA, "Dead on Arrival."   You
can waste a great deal of time struggling with it and in the final analysis
still discover that it is bad.   The big secret here is to know when the components
are bad, cut your loses and return the parts for replacement.

A couple of years back, I ordered a case of Maxtor hard drives, (10 to a case).
Of the ten hard drives, six were DOA right out of the box.   This sort of thing
happens and you just need to send them back for replacement.  Personally,
I have never bought a Maxtor hard drive again...

     Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html