Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:50:12 -0700
The battery on my daughter's Sony Vaio computer has lost its capacity and
needs replacement. It is a model VGP-BPS2 battery rated at 11.1V 4800mAh. In
searching for a replacement, I am finding capacity ratings from 3600 mAh to
5600 mAh. There are larger yet capacities, but the batteries are apparently
a bit larger and would my daughter does not want any increase in size of her
laptop.

My question to the list is for recommendations of vendors or replacement
brands. I suspect that some of the ones to be found are not as reliable as
others. I have also read about the fire hazard with some batteries in the
past would am therefore cautious. Any personal experience from list members
would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter Shkabara
760-451-1643