Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 07:10:58 -0700
I have done this on my own computer under Windows XP. My favorite editing
program, which also allows for capture of video, is the freeware Virtual
Dub. It does require learning how to properly use it, but once you get the
hang of it, the job it does is much better than commercial software such as
Pinnacle or Ulead. You will, however, also need to install one or more
appropriate codecs. A couple of popular ones, are Divx and XviD. Also, you
will need to learn what settings to use for compression with the codecs and
the resolution for the output stream. I found that doing some practice
captures of small segments is a good way to learn. Some people capture
without compression and then process and compress the file, but I found it
best to do compression from the start.

Good luck.

Peter Shkabara
760-451-1643