From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 20:47:13 -0400
> However I find the speakers and the sound from my PC not to be
> very pleasing
> compared to the stereo. I am using Sound Blaster Live with Soundworks
> speakers, 4 speakers and a subwoofer.

        There aren't many computer speakers that came close to sounding good to me
compared to a real home stereo system.

> I just wonder whether the songs would sound better if I were to connect my
> audio card to the home stereo. If it is, how do I maximise this connection
> for better sound.

        I'm not sure what you mean by "maximize this connection". If you mean sound
quality wise it depends on how far your stereo is from the computer. The
longer this connection the better quality cable you should get. I myself
pump the sound from my computer to my home theatre receiver at a distance of
about 5 meters. I built my own cable and it sounds great. Of course to ideal
option is to connect them together digtally, it is possible your sound card
has digital out, however only home theatre receivers tend to have any sort
of digital input. TTYL

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html