Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:11:42 +1000
Every machine is different, same driver may or may not work, but general
speaking, there is thing called "best available" driver. for myself, I don't
know why, but certain drivers won't allow me to play OpenGL games (they
should be fine, tested by millions other users around the world). For me, I
found that 12.90 has the best image quality and fastest speed, but with one
game which I really like - Diablo 2 - Lord of destruction, 12.90 driver (for
me only) has freezing problem, so I went back to 12.41 driver, which doesn't
play OpenGL very well (for me only, again).

7.58 is another MS certified driver, should be save to play with.

However, there are millions of happy users of 12.90 driver, and most nvidia
machines I see are happy with 12.90, so I still "have to" say 12.90 is
better. The newest 14.20 driver seems to be slow and buggy.

Jun Qian