"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 09:54:48 -0700
I think the 6100 has a USB plug.  If it does, you need to buy an A to B USB
cable.  The A end plugs into your computer's USB plug, and the B to the
6100.  You will have to install the USB software for it to work.  You can
get the latest driver for it at www.hp.com.  Just follow the instructions
for a USB install.  You can get an A to B 6' cable with an A to A 6'
cable(the latter is an extension cable) at Costco for $5.99.  If you buy an
A to B at CompUSA they are about $18.00 for a 6' name brand (Belkin).  You
can't just change the connection from SCSI to USB by only changing the
cable, you'll need to install the USB software first, then the driver.  HP
has instructions for it in the manual and on their web site.

Thanks Dan, I had checked the HP site before I wrote to the list.  I did get
it fixed.  It cost me a out of warrantee phone call to HP, but it is done.

Anyone know if I can change the connection from the SCSI connection to a USB
connection by changing the cord, and if I do what cord should I get?