From:
bobwarasila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 15:44:44 -0500
I tested my networking connection with a direct connection to my cable modem
(bypassed the router) and still can't get Explorer to connect to the outside
world.  The device manager says the NIC is OK and "functioning properly".
Is there some other way I can test functionality?

Bob Warasila

>   Whenever you install or change NIC drivers, Win98SE assumes that you
also
> need to install networking support files (from the OS CD).  After the
first
> time, it's probably wrong about that, but at least the first time, if
> they're not where it looks for them by default, you need to navigate
around
> on the CD until it finds them.  (The situation is a little analogous to
the
> early days with CD-ROM drives, where you needed both a drive-specific low-
> level driver, and an upper-level driver that added CD-ROM support to the
OS,
> but in this case it's the NIC driver and networking support.)

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml