From:
Edna Sloan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 00:55:17 -0500
I received this from a friend and thought it might be of interest to the
list:

> something you all had better check out if you
> haven't already, it's about resetting the date on
> your computer to the long date style for the year
> 2000 rollover.  It would seem most of the newer
> systems are as easy as this to prepare for that
> change, so if it works for you then great, it did
> for me.  If not then guess what, 2000 is creeping
> ever closer and if you've been putting off trying to
> figure out if your computer is ready, consider this
> a reminder to do so

Double click on "My Computer".

 Double click on "Control Panel".

 Double click on "Regional Settings" icon.

 Click on the "Date" tab at the top of the page.

 Where it says, "Short Date Sample", look and see
if it shows a "two digit" year. Of course it does.
That's the default setting for Windows 95,
Windows 98 and NT.  This date RIGHT HERE is the
date that feeds application software and WILL NOT
rollover in the year 2000.
It will roll over to 00.

Click on the button across from "Short Date
Style" and select the option that shows, mm/dd/yyyy.
(Be sure your selection has four  Y's  showing, not two)

Then click on "Apply" and then click on "OK" at
the bottom.

Edna Sloan

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html