From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:38:38 +1000
I have fixed a same problem for client. the problem was the modem power adapter,
if you had a ext modem before, just make sure you ain't using the old adapter
for new modem or to check the adapter to see if it can provide enough power for
modem. In my client case, he was using a old 500ma adapter for his new modem,
but his new modem requires 1000ma.

I don't know if this is suit for your case but hope it helps.

J Qian