From:
Richard Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 19:52:33 -0400
Hi everyone,

My comp is a 486-66,8Mb RAM, WD 1.2gig HD.
It runs Win 3.11(WFW) with 24Mb Perm Swap file and 1Mb mem cache.

In the last week it has been freezing up in Netscape after about 1/2
hour use and in Math Blaster. The mouse freezes and the comp won't do
any function. Ctrl-Alt-Del won't reboot it. The Reset botton and on/off
button will turn it off but  with reset and power  on it doesn't
reboot, although I can feel the hard drive spin up. Then I have to wait
for about 15 min and it will turn on normally.
Also the help files have stopped working in Pegasus and ChessBase.
They don't show on the monitor.
To check for a virus I have used F-prot for DOS and Viruscan(McAfee)
for Dos with no results.

Any help in diagnosing and fixing this problem will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks for your valuable time,

Richard Dennis Smith