From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:18:34 -0400
This may have been someone's idea of virus protection, mis-identifying the
diskette drive in the CMOS setup to effectively disable it.  boot the pc,
and when the 'press del to enter setup' message appears, press the del key,
and in the primary setup screen, change the diskette drive to be high
capacity 3 1/2 inch, and it will read your diskettes correctly.  If you
continue to have problems, open the case.  The ribbon cable for the diskette
drive has to attached at the end most connector for A drive, after the half
twist you will see in the ribbon.  If the drive is on the middle connector,
the diskette is B, not A.  I don't think you will find this to be the case,
but I might as well mention it.
Tom Turak