From:
Dave Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:59:57 +1300
I've just had to find out the manufacturers of two motherboards and it
really helps to visit www.sysopt.com.
Go to the BIOS info section and check out details on how to find out your
bios number. That section is at the bottom right of the home page.
Usually the BIOS string no. is displayed on the first start up screen just
after you boot up. You have to hold the pause key to stop the computer from
carrying on booting up though. Look for it at the bottom left of the screen.
The id of the motherboard manufacturer is contained in that series of words
and numbers.
Using the BIOS site at sysopt.com you can go on an find your exact board
manufacturer depending on whether you have an award bios or ami bios.
Look out for a small programme on the site that when run will find out all
the information for you.
Hope this helps.

Dave

 08:21 29/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello one and all:
>I am in the process of redoing a computer for a client due to a hard
>drive failure.
>
>My problem is I can't find any information on the unit. It looks like it
>may be an Archtech but then again maybe not.

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>