From:
Kate Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 21:52:12 +1300
Hi there. Go to this website: www.benchtest.com/way2cool3.html and it will
show you the process in detail.
After the warning about the dangers of zapping yourself if you touched any
of the internal components of the power supply I found my hands shaking as
I carried out the procedure!!!!
The change in motherboard temperture as a result of turning the fan around
was pretty amazing. I'm considering putting another fan in the bottom of
the case to give it even better cooling. As the guy who wrote the article
mentions you have to turn this fan around too.
Hope the website helps you out. Once again beware of touching any of the
internal components of the power supply. Apparently they retain a wicked
charge even when disconnected from the mains.

Dave Perry

At 20:31 28/12/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Dave Perry wrote:
>>
>> I've just reversed the fan in the power supply and have had a ten degree
>> drop in motherboard temperture and ten degree drop in cpu temperture!!!!
>>

>        How'd you do that??  Mine draws air in; I think the system would
>cool better if I could reverse it like you did.

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>