From:
Don Cooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 1998 18:36:05 -0700
Sean wrote:
>>I recently installed a Western 850MB hard drive on my PC.
>> Windows 95 will only view or use 528M Bytes of the disc.
>>I have been reading the information on the EIDEMAX the universal
>>EIDE BIOS upgrade kit. It seems this unit would allow me to use
>>all the 850MB.
Brian replied:
>if you have to fdisk the disk again (and you will) you will lose
all
>your data.  You could, of course, copy all the info to your 350MB
>drive before reformatting the 850MB drive...

Would not Partition Magic do the same thing without having to lose
the data?

Don

   Don Cooley / San Jose, California / [log in to unmask]
  New Prostate-Help Forums / My Prostate Cancer story
 My family story & history / All at  http://prostate-help.com
     To discuss Prostate Cancer call me at 408 268-6400